Wednesday, August 1, 2012




"Play ten of my favorite games, and I'll propose." - Logan



Let me introduce myself. My name is Taylor. The man is question is Logan. We have been together for nearly five years (October 30th). We spent the first three years of our relationship in school and living with our parents while working part time. Logan has been passionate about games since a young age. When he made the decision to go to school in Portland for game art and design, I knew I had to make a decision as well. My family was here, my life was here... but then again... the most important part of my life was about to take the next step in his, and I knew I wanted to support him. So off we went, moving out for the first time, 250 miles away from our friends and family.

We moved into a two bedroom apartment with Logan's identical twin brother and they started going to school for the same major, and I started work as a customer service coordinator to help pay the bills while Logan attended school and worked part time.

That's where we are at now. We now live with a friend, an 85 pound Alaskan Malamute named Echo, two noisy lovebirds, Tiki and Peep, and a bunny named Carter.

(Taylor and Echo)


(Logan and Echo)


(Nap time!)


Now, I have never been insistent on getting married. I have been told there is no rush, and I have also been told there are financial benefits for getting married. Who wants to marry for money?! ;]

Lately I have been thinking... our five year anniversary is coming up in October and five years is a long time... Logan and my views differ on the engagement aspect of marriage. I think being engaged for a year+ is pretty normal. Plenty of time to plan. Logan feels as though engagement should be pretty short, <6 months. He also feels as though he should finish school first. Fiiiine... I get it. There really isn't a rush. I only bring it up when people ask me how long we have been together. When I tell them five years, they get this worried look on their face... "...and you aren't married...?"

Well, no, we aren't. We seem to be doing just fine in our relationship without getting the government involved... But alas after conversations like that I bring it up and it ends up being a long discussion about when and why and blah blah.

For the longest time Logan has been pretty insistent upon waiting. Shutting the door at the sound of "propose" and "marriage". I gave him this analogy, and it seemed to spark something, so I will share it with you.

Say for instance, someone made you a promise to take care of you financially, totally, for the rest of your life. Pay your bills, pay for groceries, anything you needed was yours. No questions asked and unconditionally. My thought is... "Ya right... lets see that in writing!" I compared that to marriage. Here he is, promising to fulfill my needs, and love me for the rest of my life.

Now, this is not a question of trust. I know he will, as I will also. Its like... proof? I want to have this undying deceleration of love everywhere I go. Sure, I could get a tattoo, or a bumper sticker or something... I suppose... but that's not really what I am after. I am not even after the ring... really... I want the title. I want to be a WIFE and I was him as my HUSBAND. MY husband. Is that weird... never mind, don't tell me.

So after this conversation he gave me chance to get what I want, and get something in return. A compromise. Those are good for relationships, by the way!







I will play ten of his favorite games, from start to finish, and he will propose.



This is no small feat. Ten games will give him plenty of time to plan, and give me a lot to do in the meantime, other than talk about marriage. XD

As a gamer, I am pretty casual. Games I currently play include: World of Warcraft, Borderlands, Terraria, and Guild Wars (soon). I started playing games at my babysitters, when I was pretty young, on their Nintendo 64. Zelda: Ocarina of Time and 007 Goldeneye being a few of them. I am no stranger to games, but I have not played that many. Heck, I don't even remember those games!


I think we will grow as a couple with this experience. I gain some insight into what starts the creative fire for my love, and he gets to be certain I can compare his future masterpieces accurately to the games that inspire him. He said it would make him proud of me... hehe.

So, this blog is to share my adventure through ten games to earn my title; Wife. Please join me. I plan to detail my adventures and rate/review the games in a innovative and new way to maybe expand the gaming community to more people like myself.

Next Post: The list of the ten games and my feelings about his choices.


No comments:

Post a Comment